A cool-hearted guy meets a big-eared dog who takes him to a hot vet hiding a dark secret.
Passions of a Papillon
by Tara Lain
After you’ve sold your soul to the devil, can you renegotiate with a dog?
Brilliant defense attorney, Finn Morgenstern, knows the worst guys pay best, so defending slimeball, Rance Franklin, becomes his path to senior partner and a whole lot of benefits. But then a walk home to his pricey townhouse brings him face-to-ears with a batshit-crazy little dog who just won’t leave him alone. So Finn takes the dog to the local veterinarian to find out how to get her back to her owners.
Hello vet! Emerson “Em” Fairweather sure doesn’t match his stodgy name. Tall, platinum blond, and gorgeous, Em puts the pet in pet ownership. But Em has ugly secrets and Batshit dog is up to her ears in larceny. Suddenly Finn is the one who needs defending, and he’s faced with a choice between what he thought was important and a whole new batshit-crazy life.
Available to purchase at
Part of the KU program
Fun Facts About PASSIONS OF A PAPILLON
Hi! I’m delighted to be here to celebrate the release of my new romance, PASSIONS OF A PAPILLON. This book is dear to my heart for reasons you may know.
Here are a few of those fun facts –
· This is the first in a new series that will feature the pets of men who all go to the same vet in Corona del Mar, CA.
· Of course, the first book has to feature a papillon, since my dog, Jolie, is one. She’s an 8.5 lb. terror, way too smart for her own good, sassy, barky, and totally lovable
· The dog in the book does a lot of precocious things, but they’re not far-fetched for a papillon. They are the smartest toy dog and are the only natural toy on the top 10 list of smartest dogs -- up there with border collies.
· Corona del Mar is a charming seaside town in southern California just a few minutes north of Laguna Beach where I set many of my books. It’s in Newport Beach, however, the most expensive city in the U.S., so it’s not a place everyone can live.
· My heroes are a lawyer with a hardening heart who is softened by a dog – and the gorgeous vet with a lot to hide who he finds to take care of her.
· This is my first brand new, full length novel to go straight into KU, so if you’re a member, you can get it for free.
I hope you love PASSIONS OF A PAPILLON! This is what one advance reviewer said,
“This is an absolutely brilliant and funny read, with a crazy loveable dog and stereo typical bad guys, and of course the 2 heroes who fight for good. Tara has written a wonderful book that I know I will be rereading again and again. Warning - Batshit steals every scene as any princess should, and as a cat person it is really saying something that I neeeeeed to have this dog in my life. It is a real one sitting read, a little bit of angst, lots of love, some great one liners and as mentioned a batshit crazy dog you just fall in love with. Wish I could give it more stars.”
About the Author
Tara Lain believes in happy ever afters – and magic. Same thing. In fact, she says, she doesn’t believe, she knows. Tara shares this passion in her best-selling stories that star her unique, charismatic heroes — the beautiful boys of romance — and adventurous heroines. Quarterbacks and cops, werewolves and witches, blue collar or billionaires, Tara’s characters, readers say, love deeply, resolve seemingly insurmountable differences, and ultimately live their lives authentically. After many years living in southern California, Tara, her soulmate honey and her soulmate dog decided they wanted less cars and more trees, prompting a move to Ashland, Oregon where Tara’s creating new stories and loving living in a small town with big culture. Likely a Gryffindor but possessed of Parseltongue, Tara loves animals of all kinds, diversity, open minds, coconut crunch ice cream from Zoeys, and her readers. She also loves to hear from you.