Ashton Townsend is the most famous celebutante of Manhattan’s glitterati. The black sheep of his wealthy family, he’s known for his club appearances, Instagram account, and sex tape. Most people can’t imagine him wanting for anything, but Ashton yearns for friendship, respect, and the love of his best friend—amateur boxer Valdrin Leka.
Val’s relationship with Ashton is complicated. As the son of Ashton’s beloved nanny, Val has always bounced between resenting Ashton and regarding him as his best friend. And then there’s the sexual attraction between them that Val tries so hard to ignore.
When Ashton flees his glitzy lifestyle, he finds refuge with Val in the Bronx. Between Val’s training for an upcoming fight and dodging paparazzi, they succumb to their need for each other. But before they can figure out what it all means—and what they want to do about it—the world drags them out of their haven, revealing a secret Val has kept for years. Now, Ashton has to decide whether to once again envelop himself in his party-boy persona, or to trust in the only man who’s ever seen the real him.
Available now from Riptide Publishing. http://www.riptidepublishing.com/titles/concourse
Ten blogs/social media accounts Valdrin and Ashton would follow!
This list might be a little weighted in Ashton’s favor because while he is all over social media (for fun and for his brand), Valdrin couldn’t care less.
1. Ashton Townsend. Yes, I know this is corny, but Ashton is the main account Valdrin follows. Long before they were romantically involved, he had alerts for Ashton’s Instagram!
2. Thugkitchen.com. Ashton is really into food bloggers, and he really loves this one. Not only are the recipes amazing, but they say things like “let’s eat some motherfucking soup!”.
3. Joannethescammer – Ashton follows Joanne the Scammer on Instagram and Twitter. What can he say? He loves “messy bitches”.
4. alealimay.com – This fashion blog is everything Ashton aspires to be like. He loves Aleali’s mix of high end and thriftier pieces, and aspires to reach her level.
5. thestylerookie.com – Ashton has been following this blog since he was a kid! It started with a 12-year-old girl blogging about her experience with fashion, and he fell in love with it.
6. TMZ – Ashton has a bad habit of looking for stories on himself, so he follows this gossip blog religiously.
7. Page Six – Ashton was addicted to Page Six gossip before it was on social media. He can’t give it up.
8. Bradleysimmonds – Valdrin unofficially follows this Instagram account to get motivated on days when he’s not headed to Cadet’s Boxing Gym to workout. Ashton started following it as well because the guy is hot.
9. Workoutwithmuriqifit – Another Instagram account that Valdrin keeps an eye on. The owner is a former pro boxer turned fitness trainer who shares Val’s first name!
10. Dog_rates – Who doesn’t follow dog_rates?
About the Five Boroughs Universe
New York City—home of soaring skyscrapers, concrete boulevards, and the hopes and dreams of millions. A city where opposites attract and romance is found in unlikely places. From the glittering penthouses of Manhattan to the blue collar neighborhoods of Queens, values get tested, cultures clash, and connections made. Men of diverse backgrounds examine their lives, test their sexual boundaries, and seek success in an unforgiving urban landscape that moves fast and stops for no one. Despite the odds, there’s love to be found in the five boroughs as long as they’re willing to work for it.
Check out the Five Boroughs Universe. http://riptidepublishing.com/titles/universe/five-boroughs
About Santino Hassell
Santino was raised by a conservative family, but he was anything but traditional. He grew up to be a smart-mouthed grunge kid, then a transient twentysomething, and eventually transformed into a guy who spends his days and nights writing romance with an edge.
Santino is a dedicated gamer, a former fanfic writer, an ASoIaF mega nerd, a Grindr enthusiast, but most of all he is a writer of LGBT fiction that is heavily influenced by the gritty, urban landscape of New York City, his belief that human relationships are complex and flawed, and his own life experiences.
Connect with Santino:
- Website: www.santinohassell.com
- Blog: santinohassell.com/blog
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/santinohassellbooks
- Twitter: twitter.com/SantinoHassell
- Tumblr: thatdudesantino.tumblr.com/
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/santinohassell/
- Instagram: instagram.com/santinohassell
- Google+: plus.google.com/u/0/+SantinoHassell/
- Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/santino_hassell
To celebrate the release of Concourse, one lucky winner will receive a $25 Riptide credit! Leave a comment with your contact info to enter the contest. Entries close at midnight, Eastern time, on May 6, 2017. Contest is NOT restricted to U.S. entries. Thanks for following the tour, and don’t forget to leave your contact info!